HC Deb 06 July 1982 vol 27 cc94-5W
Mr. Wheeler

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will list the grants and loans for repairs available for tenants and private owners in the private rented sector.

Mr. Stanley

Grants for repairs may be made by local authorities, under section 71 of the Housing Act 1974 to owners and also to tenants, as defined in section 106 of the Housing Act 1980. Where repairs are carried out in conjunction with improvements, intermediate and improvement grants are also available under sections 65 and 61 of the same Act. Local authorities have no powers to make loans to tenants for repairs but may, under section 43 of the Housing (Financial Provisions) Act 1958, make loans to owners.

Back to
Forward to