§ The Prime Minister
The following shows those merchant banks that have advised or otherwise acted for the Government in connection with privatisation measures that have been completed, and also with those for which legislation has reached the statute book or is under consideration in the present Session. In addition, the advice of the Bank of England is always available to the Government.
- Amersham International Ltd.—Rothschild (NM) & Sons Ltd.
- British Aerospace—Kleinwort, Benson Ltd.
- British Airways Board—Hill Samuel & Co. Ltd.
- British National Oil Corporation—Warburg (SG) & Co. Ltd.
- British Rail subsidiaries—Samuel Montagu & Co. Ltd.
- British Sugar Corporation—Lazard Brothers & Co. Ltd.
- British Transport Docks Board—Kleinwort, Benson Ltd.
- Cable and Wireless—Kleinwort, Benson Ltd.
- Drake and Scull Holdings Ltd.—Schroder Wagg (J. Henry & Co. Ltd.
- Forestry Commission—Schroder Wagg (J. Henry) & Co. Ltd.
- HGV/PSV Testing Stations—County Bank
- National Freight Company—Schroder Wagg (J. Henry;l & Co. Ltd.
- Royal Ordnance Factories—Kleinwort, Benson Ltd and Rothschild (NM) & Sons Ltd.