§ Mr. Sheerman
asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs to which countries surplus stocks of European Economic Community skimmed milk powder are sent as aid; and if there are any plans to send some of these supplies to relieve famine conditions in Vietnam.
§ Mr. Neil Marten
This year the European Community has allocated 150,000 tonnes of skimmed milk powder as food aid to the following countries and organisations:
- Cape Verde
- Sierra Leone
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- The League of Red Cross Societies
- Non-Governmental Organisations
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- The World Food Programme
There are no proposals before the Council of Ministers to send any food aid to Vietnam.