HL Deb 20 October 1981 vol 424 c747WA
Baroness Elles

asked Her Majesty's Government:

Whether they will outline the procedures required to be completed for (a) a stateless person and (b) a stateless minor to obtain the travel documents enabling that person or minor to depart from and to re-enter the United Kingdom, and what is the approximate amount of time taken between the initial application and completion of such procedures.

Lord Belstead

A stateless person resident in the United Kingdom may apply to the Home Office for a travel document. Application forms are obtainable from the Travel Document Section of the Home Office at Lunar House, Croydon. The completed form needs to be accompanied by two certified photographs and the fee of £11. Most applications, whether from adults or minors, are currently dealt with in six to eight weeks.