§ Lord Blease
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Whether they will indicate (at the latest available date):
- (i) the number of places approved under the Action for Community Employment scheme;
- (ii) the number of places actually taken up and in post;
- (iii) the number of applications for places in each of the following categories: (a) statutory organisations, (b) private companies, (c) public companies, (d) voluntary organisations, (e) community groups;
- (iv) the type of work applied for in each of the following categories: (a) manual, (b) clerical, (c) administrative;
- (v) the number of male and of female applicants in post under the ACE scheme.
The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (The Earl of Gowrie)
The information requested, at the 3rd November 1981, is as follows:
- (i) 742;
- (ii) 474;
- (iii) Information is not kept in the five different categories requested. However, the number of applications for places in the following categories is:
- (a) Statutory organisations (including district councils) 36.
- (b) Private and public companies, 7;
- (c) Voluntary organisations and community groups 193;
- (iv) Information is not kept in the category of "administrative". However, type of work applied for by category can be analysed as follows:
- (a) Manual 454 places;
- (b) Clerical 44 places;
- (c) Community Services 207 places;
- (d) Exhibition/Research 37 places;
- (v) 393 (males) and 81 (females).