§ Mr. Michael McNair-Wilson
asked the Secretary of State for Industry what directions of a general or specific nature he has given to nationalised industries responsible to his Department.
§ Mr. Michael Marshall
Since May 1979 directions have been given as follows:
- The Post Office under the Post Office Act 1969
- S 37(2)—Repayment of Loans
- S 42(1)—Form of Statement of Accounts
- British Steel Corporation under the Iron and Steel Act 1975
- S 4(1) and 15(4)—Management of General Reserve
- S 6(4)—Publication of Annual Statistics
- S 17(2)—Repayment of Loans
- S 24(1)—Form of Statement of Accounts.