HC Deb 12 March 1981 vol 1000 c376W
Mr. Skeet

asked the Secretary of State for Energy (1) what fee is charged for an oil or gas exploration licence on land; whether a disturbance allowance may be paid to the occupier; and, if so, of what amount;

(2) what inducements to facilitate the discovery of oil and gas on land exist for land owners to make their properties accessible for seismic surveys and drilling; and whether he will list any sanctions that exist in the event of a refusal.

Mr. Gray

Details of the fees payable in respect of applications for landward petroleum licences are set out in regulation 11 of the Petroleum (Production) Regulations 1976 (S.I. 1976 No. 1129). The periodic payments applicable to licences granted remain as set out in the notice published in theLondon and Edinburgh Gazettes on 5 August 1980, copies of which have been placed in the House Library. The terms on which the holders of licences may enter on to land is entirely a matter for negotiation between the licensee and the landowner or occupier. In the event of his being refused entry on to land, a licensee may apply under section 4 of the Mines (Working Facilities and Support) Act 1966 as amended, for legal right of access to undertake work under the licence.

Back to