§ Mr. Prior
I have overall responsibility for matters relevant to my Department. The division of responsibilities among my other Departmental Ministers is as follows:
Minister of State (Lord Gowrie)
- Youth (Including Careers Service, YOP and Vocational Guidance).
- Community Enterprise Programme.
- EEC (and other overseas matters).
- Manpower aspects of industrial and regional policy (including inner cities) and new technology.
- Wages Councils.
- Race Relations.
- Equal Pay and women's general employment issues.
- Job Satisfaction.
- UBS and social security issues relating to unemployment.
Under-Secretary of State (Mr. Waddington)
- Industrial relations including liaison with ACAS.
- Employee involvement.
- Dock Labour Scheme.
- Health and Safety.
- Work Permits.
- Assistance with Employment and Training Bill.
Under-Secretary of State (Mr. Morrison)
- Employment services.
- Employment and Training Bill.
- DE Special Employment Measures.
- Redundancy Payments.
- Employment Agencies.