HC Deb 27 April 1981 vol 3 c353W
Mr. Foulkes

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will list the bodies, statutory and otherwise, for which he is responsible which sell a good or service, or whose activities have a direct bearing on the prices charged for goods and services, or which have any responsibility for monitoring any prices.

Mr. Patrick Jenkin

[pursuant to his reply, 9 April 1981, c. 331]: The following non-departmental public bodies for which I have a responsibility sell goods or services:

  • The National Radiological Protection Board
  • The Public Health Laboratory Service Board
  • The Central Council for Education and Training in Social Work

I am also responsible for the blood products laboratory and the blood group reference laboratory, which make charges for some services in certain circumstances. Health authorities do, of course, make available some services at a charge under statutory provisions.