HC Deb 03 April 1981 vol 2 c149W
Mr. Foulkes

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will list the bodies, statutory and otherwise, for which he is responsible which sell goods and services, or whose activities have a direct bearing on the prices charged for goods and services, or which have any responsibility for monitoring any prices.

Mr. Heseltine

The principal bodies for which I have Ministerial responsibility and which provide goods or services or make charges to the public are the Ordnance Survey, the British Waterways Board and the regional water authorities in England. Other bodies for which I am responsible are listed in the Report on Non-Departmental Public Bodies (Cmnd. 7797); some of these provide goods or services to the public in the course of their activities, though this is not necessarily their principal function.