§ Sir Bernard Braine
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will make available all the evidence submitted to the Williams committee on obscenity and film censorship.
§ Mr. Whitelaw
At the request of Professor Williams, I am arranging for copies of the written evidence submitted by the organisations and individuals named in appendix 8 to the report (Cmnd. 7772), together with the written evidence of other individuals which is mentioned in the report, to be deposited in the following Public Record Offices and libraries:
- Public Record Office, London,
- Northern Ireland Public Record Office, Belfast,
- Scottish Record Office, Edinburgh,
- National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth,
- House of Commons Library,
- House of Lords Library.
Evidence submitted to the committee in confidence will not be included.