HC Deb 13 March 1980 vol 980 c677W
Mr. Brotherton

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services which countries grant loans to strikers and their families.

Mr. Prentice

I am not able to give an authoritative reply but, of the countries referred to in my reply to my hon. Friend the Member for Norfolk, North (Mr. Howell) on 25 February—[Vol. 979, c.476.]—I understand that Belgium, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden may grant loans to strikers or their families.

Forward to