HC Deb 18 January 1980 vol 976 c889W
Mr. Arthur Lewis

asked the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster what are the severance pay entitlements of Members of Parliament.

Mr. St. John-Stevas

Members are entitled to claim a severance payment equivalent to three months' salary if they lose their seat following a general election, or if they are displaced due to boundary changes.