HC Deb 06 February 1980 vol 978 cc268-9W
Mr. Alton

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will seek to introduce legislation to authorise an inconvenience payment to residents living in improvement areas during the period when renovation is being done.

Mr. Stanley

Provision already exists for payment of home loss or disturbance payments to those who are permanently displaced by local authority action, and local authorities may pay incidental expenses for those who are temporarily rehoused while compulsory improvements are carried out. I have no proposals to make statutory provision for any additional payments.