HC Deb 04 February 1980 vol 978 c26W
Mr. Wigley

asked the Secretary of State for Wales under what circumstances, and under what statutory procedures, the Government can grant planning permission for a nuclear installation in an area whose local planning authority is opposed to the development.

Mr. Nicholas Edwards

A proposal could come before me for decision on appeal, under section36 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1971, or could be called in under section 35 of the Act. Section 40 of the Act may also apply.

Back to