HC Deb 23 November 1979 vol 974 c389W
Mr. Dobson

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment what are now the usual procedures for the disposal of surplus Government property, including property occupied by residential tenants.

Mr. Geoffrey Finsberg

In general it is now the practice to sell surplus Government property on the open market but where practicable tenanted residential dwellings are first offered to the occupants.