HC Deb 27 March 1979 vol 965 cc155-6W
Mr. Reid

asked the Secretary of State for Scotland what percentage of employers in Scotland meets the quota scheme for registered disabled persons; what steps he has taken to enforce this scheme more strictly and if he will make a statement on the current situation within the Scottish Office.

Mr. Gregor MacKenzie

I am informed by the Manpower Services Commission that at 1 June 1978, the latest date for which information is available, 80.4 per cent. of employers subject to quota in Scotland were complying with the law. The remaining 19.6 per cent. had not necessarily broken the law unless they had employed able-bodied people without permit.

On the question of quota enforcement I refer the hon. Member to the reply given by my hon. Friend the Under-Secretary of State for Employment to my hon. Friend the Member for Walsall, South (Mr. George) on 7 February 1979.—[Vol. 962, c. 183–4.]

The percentage of registered disabled persons in the Scottish Office on 1 June 1978 was 2 per cent. This figure does not

Year Name of Institution Works of Art
1974 Aberdeen Art Gallery "La Roche Guyon"—Renoir.
1976 Glasgow Museum and Art Gallery "La Seine a Argenteuil"—Signac.
1976 Glasgow Museum and Art Gallery "La Verre"—Juan Gris.
1977 National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland and Scottish United Services Museum. Seafield Collection of Arms and Armour.
1978 Royal Scottish Museum Pair of Large Cylindrical Tankards.
1978 Glasgow Museum and Art Gallery Tea Service and a Castel Durante Dish.
1978 National Galleries of Scotland Group of Sculptures "Conversation with Magic Stones"—Dame Barbara Hepworth.
1978 National Galleries of Scotland "Tobias and Sara" and "The Sacrifice of Manoah"—Rembrandt.
1978 National Library of Scotland Newhailes Collection of Books and Manuscripts.
1978 National Galleries of Scotland "Piazza San Marco"—Francesco Guardi.
1979 Royal Scottish Museum Brazilian Wood Carving.

includes disabled employees who choose not to register as disabled.