HC Deb 21 March 1979 vol 964 c593W
21. Mr. Jessel

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will allow the names of children of British mothers married to foreign nationals resident abroad to be included in their mothers passports.

Mr. Luard

United Kingdom passport facilities are normally available only to children who are United Kingdom nationals. Where the child concerned is not a United Kingdom national, our rules allow for the temporary inclusion of the child's name on the passport of its British mother to enable it to travel in urgent compassionate circumstances if it cannot obtain its own national passport in time and there is no objection from the local authorities.

Back to
Forward to