HC Deb 09 July 1979 vol 970 c81W
Mr. Alton

asked the Minister of Transport if he will issue guidance to local authorities to make use of ramps in residential roads to slow down traffic passing through.

Mr. Kenneth Clarke

The first need is to provide local authorities with the relevant statutory powers. My hon. Friend the Member for Harrow, Central (Mr. Grant) has given notice of a Bill for this purpose, which my right hon. Friend has welcomed.

Forward to