HC Deb 02 July 1979 vol 969 c506W
Mr. Gwilym Roberts

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will list those local authorities which provide travel concessions to elderly and disabled people, and if he will specify in each case the concessions given.

Mr. Kenneth Clarke

I have been asked to reply. Information about the concessions available for elderly people was obtained in a survey of local authorities in England and Wales carried out last August. A report on the survey will be available shortly and I shall send the hon. Member a copy.

The information available in the Department about schemes for disabled people is far less comprehensive. Such information as there is is summarised in section 3 of a report on a survey of concessionary bus fares for the elderly, blind and disabled in England and Wales carried out in 1976—local Transport Note 1/77—a copy of which I am sending to the hon. Member.