§ Mr. Greville Janner
asked the Secretary of State for Employment what new safety regulations and safety codes, respectively, he expects to publish in 1980.
§ Mr. Mayhew
The chairman of the Health and Safety Commission informs me that a number of proposals for regulations and for approved codes of practice are being developed by the Commission for eventual submission to me for approval or, in the case of approved codes, for my consent. The eventual division between regulations and codes and their timing is dependent on decisions taken204W by the Commission in the light of the statutory consultation with interested bodies which the Commission is required to undertake. However, of the proposals for regulations and/or approved codes of practice now being developed, the Commission informs me that the following have reached or have completed the consultative stage and may be submitted for my consideration during 1980:
- Safety Signs and Colours.
- Notification of Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences.
- Dangerous Pathogens (Notification).
- Diving Operations.
- Hazardous Installations (Notification and Survey).
- First Aid.
- Celluloid and Cinematograph Film Act 1922 Exemptions.
- Asbestos Insulation and Sprayed Coatings.