HC Deb 08 November 1978 vol 957 cc184-5W
Mr. Carter-Jones

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if, in view of the problems which occur regarding television licences in a home for severely handicapped people whereby, if a licence is paid for the central television set, confusion arises regarding the need to pay a full licence by each resident who uses a television set within that home, he will investigate this problem; and if he will make a statement.

Dr. Summerskill

In residential homes of this kind one licence covers the use of all television sets installed in communal rooms. A resident who uses a set in his own room requires a separate licence. If my hon. Friend know of any case where difficulty has arisen perhaps he will let me have details.