§ Mr. Ron Thomas
asked the Secretary of State for Defence if he will list in the Official Report those Acts of Parliament which protect workers' rights in civil employment, the provisions of which expressly exclude members of the Armed Forces.
§ Mr. Mulley
The Armed Forces are expressly excluded from some of the provisions of the following Acts which relate to terms and conditions of civil employment:
- Explosives Act 1875;
- Merchant Shipping Acts 1894–1970;
- Offices, Shops and Railway Premises Act 1963;
- Equal Pay Act 1970;
- Fire Precautions Act 1971;
- Contracts of Employment Act 1972;
- Trade Union and Labour Relations Act 1974;
- Employment Protection Act 1975;
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975;
- Social Security Act 1975.