§ Mr. Gow
asked the Secretary of State for Wales whether he will list the bodies to which reference is made in Clause 62(1) of the Wales Bill.
§ Mr. John Morris
The following are the principal statutory bodies which would fall within the scope of Clause 62:
- Ancient Monuments Board for Wales.
- Area Health Authorities.
- Central Advisory Council for Education (Wales).
- Development Board for Rural Wales.
- Historic Buildings Council for Wales.
- Land Authority for Wales.
- Library Advisory Council (Wales).
- New Town Development Corporations.
- Wales Tourist Board.
- Welsh Development Agency.
The fact that a body falls within the scope of Clause 62 does not imply that its functions would be assumed by the Assembly. This will be for the Assembly to consider, and approval by the Secretary of State would be required, after consultation with the body.