§ Mr. Arnold
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will specify those Acts currently in force which are administered in a manner similar to that of the Employment Agencies Act 1973, whereby the enforcement of regulations made under the Act is financed from fees paid by licensees.
§ Mr. Merlyn Rees
I am responsible for prescribing fees for licences or certificates under the following legislation:
- Metropolitan Public Carriage Act 1869;
- Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949;
- Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act 1963;
- Licensing Act 1964;
- Local Government Act 1966;
- Public Expenditure and Receipts Act 1968;
- Theatres Act 1968;
- Firearms Act 1968;
- Gaming Act 1968;
- Pool Competitions Act 1971;
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971;
- Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976.
Where the costs of enforcement are separately identifiable—for example, where compliance with regulations is enforced by an inspectorate—such costs are taken into account in prescribing the level of fee.