§ Mrs. Hayman
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether he has made any recent new appointments to the Equal Opportunities Commission; whether there are any vacancies on the Commission; and if he will list the current membership.
§ Mr. Merlyn Rees
I have recently appointed Mr. J. F. Eccles and Mr. M. T. Fuller to be members of the Equal Opportunities Commission. I have also reappointed seven other members of the Commission. There is one vacancy, which I hope to fill shortly.
The current membership of the Commission is: 232W
- Baroness Lockwood of Dewsbury—Chairman.
- Lady Howe—Deputy Chairman.
- Miss Margaret Allen—Features Editor of "The Times".
- Mr. John Beale—Chief Education Officer, West Glamorgan.
- Miss Ethel Chipchase, M.B.E.—Secretary of the TUC's Women's Advisory Committee.
- Mr. J. F. Eccles—National Union of General and Municipal Workers.
- Mr. M. T. Fuller—Director of the Engineering Employers Association of South Lancashire, Cheshire and North Wales.
- Miss Anne Mackie—Assistant Industrial Relations Adviser, Unilever Ltd.
- Lady McCarthy—Oxford City Councillor.
- Mr. Alexander Nicol, C.B E.—Formerly Vice Chairman of Joseph Lucas Ltd.
- Miss Agnes Patrick—Formerly Convenor of the Social Work Committee, Glasgow Corporation.
- Mrs. Marie Patterson, O.B.E.—Transport and General Workers' Union.
- Mr. Eric Robinson—Principal, Bradford College.
- Mr. Peter Urquhart—Solicitor.