§ Mr. Sproat
asked the Secretary of State for Employment what are the bodies for which his Department is responsible, which would fulfil all the criteria for inclusion in "A Directory of Paid Public 508W Appointments Made By Ministers" produced by the Civil Service Department, except for the fact that those appointed are not paid; in respect of which of these bodies expenses are paid; what those expenses amounted to in the last 12 months for which figures are available; and what were all the other main constituent costs.
§ Mr. John Grant
There are eight public bodies to which unpaid appointments have been made, as follows:
People appointed to such bodies are entitled to claim reasonable out-of-packet expenses incurred in the course of their work for the body concerned. No useful estimate of expenses is possible without incurring disproportionate costs.
- Advisory Committee on Women's Employment
- Careers Service Advisory Council
- Disabled Advisory Committees
- Industrial Training Boards
- National Advisory Council on Employment of Disabled People
- Race Relations Employment Group
- Remploy Ltd.
- Wages Councils