§ Mr. Sproat
asked the Minister for the Civil Service how many bodies within the criteria that qualified bodies to be included in the 1976 edition of "A Directory of Paid Public Appointments Made by Ministers", have come into being since that directory was published; and what those bodies are.
§ Mr. Charles R. Morris
23 such bodies have come into being since the 1976 edition of the "Directory of Paid Public Appointments Made by Ministers" was compiled. They are:
- Agricultural Dwelling-House Advisory Committees.
- Aircraft and Shipbuilding Industries Arbitration Tribunal.
- British Aerospace.
- British National Oil Corporation.
- British Shipbuilders.
- Commission for Racial Equality.
- Committee on Dental and Surgical Materials.
- Construction Industry Manpower Board.
- Detergents and Allied Products—Voluntary Scheme. Scruntiny Group.
- Development Board for Rural Wales.
- Development Team for the Mentally Handicapped.
- Economic Council, Northern Ireland.
- Electricity Consumers' Council.
- Equal Opportunities Commission for Northern Ireland.
- Fair Employment Agency.
- Health Services Board.
- Labour Relations Agency.
- Lay Observer for Scotland.
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commission.
- New Towns Staff Commission.
- Northern Ireland Development Agency.
- Police Complaints Board.
- Police Complaints Board, Northern Ireland.