§ Mr. Arthur Lewis
asked the Minister for the Civil Service whether he will list those persons in addition to Ministers and top civil servants who are allowed to use the Government car service to take them to and from their offices, Houses of Parliament, and their homes and railway stations within the London area; and whether this is tax free.
§ Mr. Charles R. Morris
Those in addition to Ministers and the most senior civil servants who are allowed to use Government car service cars for these purposes are:
Questions about taxation are a matter for my right hon. Friend the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- The Leader of the Opposition
- The rt. hon. Member for Sidcup (Mr. Heath)
- The rt. hon. Member for Huyton (Sir H. Wilson)
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration
- Director General, National Economic Development Office
- Military staff of the Ministry of Defence of the rank of I reutenant-General and above Chairman, Metrication Board
- Chairman, Price Commission
- Chairman, Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- Senior Crown Agent.