§ Lord HOUGHTON of SOWERBY
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Whether they will state:
- (a) the approximate cost so far of the Royal Commission on the Distribution of Income and Wealth:
- (b) the approximate annual cost of salaries and expenses of members of the Commission and their staff;
- (c) the numbers in round figures of copies sold of the first four reports; and
- (d) how long this Commission is expected to continue its work.
Lord WALLACE of COSLANY
The answers are as follows:
- (a) The cost between its establishment in August 1974 and 31st October 1977 has been £1,016,000.
- (b) £370,000.
Report No. Copies sold 1 6,271 2 4,572 3 3,953 4 2,476
(d) This Commission is a Standing Royal Commission and the Government have no plans for its dissolution.