§ 33. Mr. Ovenden
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science which local education authorities have still not submitted plans for comprehensive reorganisation covering the whole of their areas.
§ Miss Margaret Jackson
Under Section 2 of the Education Act 1976 a total of 39 letters have been sent to 37 authorities requiring them to submit comprehensive proposals for all or some of their remaining unreorganised areas. Proposals are due but still awaited from:
- Barnet, in respect of the Henrietta Barnett School.
- Birmingham, in respect of seven voluntary schools.
- Derbyshire, in respect of Matlock and Ripley.
- Hereford and Worcester, in respect of Worcester City and Martley.
- Kirklees, in respect of Batley/Heckmondwike/Liversedge.
- Redbridge, in respect of 2 schools.
- Shropshire, in respect of Shrewsbury.
The need for further action under the Education Act 1976 in respect of those authorities where reorganisation is not complete but where proposals under Section 2 have not been required is kept constantly under review.