§ Mr. Clemitson
asked the Secretary of State for Prices and Consumer Protection if he will publish a list of the abbreviations commonly used by his Department in parliamentary speeches, statements and answers to Questions with their respective meaning.
§ Mr. Hattersley
The information requested is as follows:
Abbreviation and Definition
- CBI—Confederation of British Industry.
- CAP—Common Agricultural Policy.
- EEC—European Economic Community.
- FEOGA—Fonds Européens d'Orientation et de Garantie Agricole.
- MCA—Monetary Compensatory Amounts.
- NEDO—National Economic Development Office.
- RPI—Retail Price Index.
- TUC—Trades Union Congress.
- VAT—Value Added Tax.