asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will publish a list of the abbreviations commonly used by his Department in parliamentary speeches, 616W statements and answers to Questions with their respective meanings.
§ Mr. Luard
The most commonly and recently used abbreviations, with their meanings, are:
- EEC—European Economic Community.
- HK$—Hong Kong Dollars.
- CSCE—Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe.
- NATO—North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
- CAP—Common Agricultural Policy.
- JET—Joint European Torus.
- USSR—Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
- MCA—Monetary Compensatory Amount.
- CIEC—Conference on International Economic Co-operation.
- UN—United Nations.
- CPRS—Central Policy Review Staff.
- BBC—British Broadcasting Corporation.
- CFP—Common Fisheries Policy.
- ECSC—European Coal and Steel Community.
- GATT—General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade.