§ Mr. Cartwright
asked the Secretary of State for Social Services how many representations he has received from members of the public about the proposed closure of St. Nicholas Hospital, Plum-stead; and if he will list the firms and organisations which have made similar representations.
§ Mr. Moyle
The following representations have been received:
From members of the public: 259 letters and three petitions.
From local firms
- Anchor Sheet Metal Co. Ltd.
- Thames Water—Crossness Sewage Treatment Works.
- Helio Mirror Co. Ltd.
- Borax Consolidated Ltd.
- Begg & Co. Thermoplastics Ltd.
- Halycon Products Ltd.
- Pipers—The Piper Group of Companies.
- Standard Cases Ltd.
- Ascog Ltd.
- J. Wilkinson & Co. Ltd.
- Ford Motor Company Ltd.
- Dairy Produce Packers Ltd.
- Hunter Plastic Industries Ltd.
- Blanche & Co., Accountants.
- Vap-Dry Ltd.
- Oxy-Gas and Electrical Equipment Ltd.
- BICC, Erith Works, Belvedere—Petition.
From other organisations:
- Bexley CHC.
- Grenwich CHC.
- Abbey Wood Ward of the Woolwich Labour Party.
- Erith & Crayford Conservative Association.
- East Woolwich Liberal Association (Dr. David Woodhead—Prospective Parliamentary Candidate).
- Barnehurst Ambulance Branch of Transport & General Workers Union.
- Branch Secretary, Transport & General Workers Union.
- Royal Arsenal Co-operative Branch, Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers.
- Welling Branch, Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers.
- Belvedere 2 Branch, Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers.
- Branch Secretary, Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers.
- General & Municipal Workers Union, Southern Region.
- London Borough of Greenwich.
- London Borough of Bexley, Socal Services Committee.
- The Save the St. Nicholas' Hospital Committee.
- The St. Nicholas' Residents Association.
- The League of Friends of St. Nicholas' Hospital
- Action Committee of the League of Friends of St. Nicholas' Hospital.
- Bexley Association of Voluntary Service.
- Age Concern, Bexley.
- The Cardiac Club, Welling.
- National Association of Old Age Pensions Associations, Erith Branch.
- The Crabtree and District Residents Association.
- London Borough of Bexley Chamber of Trade and Industry.
- Radiology Division, Medical Executive Committee, Brook General Hospital.
- Representatives of Nursing Staff at St. Nicholas Hospital.
- The Obstetrics and Gynaecology Division of Greenwich Health District.
- St. Nicholas Church, Plumstead.
- East Plumstead Baptist Church.
- Thames Polytechnic Students Union.
- Abbey Wood School.
- Rose Cottage School.
- St. Paul's RC Secondary School.
- De Lucy Junior School.
- Alexander McLeod Junior School.
- Alexander McLeod Primary Infants School.
- Manormead School.
- Research report by Dr. J. D. H. Downing, Head of Division of Sociology, Thames Polytechnic.