HC Deb 19 July 1977 vol 935 c456W
Mr. Ovenden

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services, if it is the policy of his Department to supply trifocal lenses under National Health Service arrangements.

Mr. Moyle

Trifocal lenses are available under the National Health Service, but through the hospital eye service only, when prescribed as clinically necessary by a consultant ophthalmologist: they are not available under the general ophthalmic services.

Back to