HC Deb 19 January 1977 vol 924 cc250-1W
Mr. Sproat

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services, under what circumstances his Department pays road fund licences for persons on social security.

Mr. Orme

I understand that the Supplementary Benefits Commission does not make payments for road fund licences except in the rare case where the cost of a road fund licence is the major obstacle to a supplementary benefit claimant's returning to work, and then only for the shortest period for which a licence may be obtained.

Forward to