HC Deb 10 January 1977 vol 923 cc380-1W
Mr. Spearing

asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if the general public are able to obtain the yellow "Demand Form for EEC Printed Papers"; what additional cost arises, or would arise, in extending access to these demand forms from Members of Parliament and official Departments and others who have access to them.

Dr. Owen

The House of Commons demand form for EEC Printed Papers is issued only to Members to enable them to obtain copies of documents available in the Vote Office. It is not possible to estimate precisely the cost of increased access to the form since this would clearly depend on the extent of any increase, the method chosen and in particular, on whether or not the extension also established a service for the supply of the documents listed on the form similar to that provided for Members by the Vote Office. I am writing in detail as I promised to my hon. Friend on this and relevant issues.