HC Deb 09 February 1977 vol 925 c740W
Mr. Adley

asked the Prime Minister if he will seek an immediate meeting with President Giscard d'Estaing, in order that Her Majesty's Government and the French Government may apprise President Carter of their concern at the tactics being employed in New York to overcome the ruling of Secretary Coleman to allow a trial period of operation of Concorde at New York.

The Prime Minister

In the course of my discussions with Vice-President Mondale during his recent visit to London, I asked that Concorde should be allowed to land at New York. The British and French Ambassadors have now been instructed to approach the United States Government to make known our concern at the further delay to New York's decision. Our two Governments are considering what other action would be appropriate.