HC Deb 08 February 1977 vol 925 cc638-9W
Mr. Sproat

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services under what circumstances his Department will make payments in lieu of wages where the recipient claims to have lost those wages, namely, lost the wallet, packet or purse containing the wages.

Mr. Orme

None. But the Supplementary Benefits Commission may use its discretionary power to advance enough money to prevent hardship. Payments to people in full-time work are recoverable.