§ Mr. Atkinson
asked the Secretary of State for Industry if he will list the companies in which the Government have a shareholding, together with the names of the directors representing the public interest.
§ Mr. Les Huckfield
In the industrial sectors for which my Department is responsible, shares are held in the following companies:
- Appledore Shipbuilders Limited,
- Beagle Aircraft Limited (in liquidation),
- Cable and Wireless Limited,
- Cammell Laird Shipbuilders Limited,
- Govan Shipbuilders Limited,
- John Hastie and Company Limited (in Receivership),
- John Hastie of Greenock (Holdings) Limited,
- Kearney and Trekker Marwin Limited,
- KTM Machine Tools (Holdings) Limited,
- Marathon Shipbuilding Company (UK) Limited,
- North East Coast Shiprepairers Limited,
- Norton Villiers Triumph Limited,
- SB (Realisations) Limited,
- Short Brothers and Harland Limited,
- Sunderland Shipbuilding and Engineering Limited,
- Upper Clyde Shipbuilders Limited (in liquidation),
- Wolverhampton Industrial Engines Limited.
The appointment of directors to the Boards of Cable and Wireless Limited, Sunderland Shipbuilding and Engineering Limited, Appledore Shipbuilders Limited, North East Coast Shiprepairers Limited, SB (Realisations) Limited and Govan Shipbuilders Limited receive my approval and my prior approval is required to appointments to the positions of Chairman, Chief Executive and Finance Director at Cammell Laird Shipbuilders Limited. I also approved the appointment of the Chairman and Chief Executive of Norton Villiers Triumph Limited.