§ Mr. Michael Morris
asked the Secretary of State for Trade when the 1976 annual report of the British Overseas Trade Board is to be published; and what is the reason for the delay.
§ Mr. Michael Morris
asked the Secretary of State for Trade if he will publish a list of the members of the British Overseas Trade Board and the principal organisations and companies they represent.
§ Mr. Clinton Davis
The membership is as follows:
- Sir Frederick Catherwood (Chairman): Chair man, William Mallinson and Denny Mott Ltd; Director, John Laing & Son Ltd.; Director, Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Co. (GB) Ltd.
- HRH The Duke of Kent (Vice-Chairman): Deputy Chairman, National Electronics Council.
- Mr. Stephen Baker, Co-ordinator/Industrial Advisers, Department of Trade.
- Lord Briginshaw, Member, British National Oil Corporation; former member of General Council TUC.
- Mr. J. M. Buckley, Chairman, Davy Inter national Ltd., Chairman, Alfred Herbert Ltd.
- Mr. R. H. W. Bullock, C.B., Deputy Secretary, Department of Industry.
- Mr. M. D. Butler, C.M.G., Deputy-Under-Secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Sir Derek Ezra, M.B.E., Chairman, The National Coal Board, Chairman, British Institute of Management.
- Mr. R. W. Gray, Deputy Secretary, Department of Trade.
- Sir Denis Hamilton, D.S.O., D.Litt.(Hon.), Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, Times Newspapers Ltd.
- Mr. J. L. Jones, M.B.E., General Secretary, Transport and General Workers Union, Member, TUC General Council.
- Sir Jan Lewando, C.B.E., Director, Bund Pulp and Paper Ltd., W. A. Baxter and Sons Ltd., Heal & Sons Holdings Ltd.
- Lord Limerick, Director, Kleinwort Benson Ltd., President, Association of British Chambers of Commerce.
- Sir Peter Matthews, Managing Director, Vickers Ltd., Member, National Research Development Corporation.
- Mr. J. H. Neill, C.B.E., T.D., D.L., Chairman and Chief Executive, James Neill Holdings Ltd.
- Mr. P. S. Preston, C.B., i.d.c, Deputy Secretary, Department of Trade.
- Sir John Read, Chairman, EMI Group of Companies.
- Sir Francis Sandilands, C.B.E., Chairman, Commercial Union Assurance Company Ltd., Chairman, Committee of Invisible Exports.
- Mr. B. F. W. Scott, C.B.E., T.D., Chairman, Lucas Industries Ltd.
- Lord Shackleton, K.G., P.C., O.B.E., Deputy Chairman, Rio Tinto Zinc Corporation Ltd.
- Mr. K. Taylor, C.B., i.d.c, Secretary, Export Credits Guarantee Department.
- Mr. J. Whitehorn, C.M.G., Deputy Director General, Confederation of British Industry.
- Mr. S. D. Wilks, Chief Executive, British Overseas Trade Board.
§ Mr. Michael Morris
asked the Secretary of State for Trade what projects the British Overseas Trade Board is currently pursuing aimed at bringing management and the shop floor into closer association in overseas trade.
§ Mr. Dell
The British Overseas Trade Board includes two leading trade union-
Chairman Rt. Hon. Edmund Dell, M.P., Secretary of State for Trade. President—BOTB Sir Frederick Catherwood Chairman—BOTB H.R.H. The Duke of Kent, G.C.M.G., G.C.V.O. Vice Chairman—BOTB S. Baker, Esq., Industrial Adviser BOTB Member R. C. Booth, Esq., C.B.E., T.D., LL.B Director: Birmingham Chamber of Industry & Commerce Lord Briginshaw BOTB Member E. C. Brookes, Esq., Singlehurst Hydraulics Ltd Member Export Promotion Panel CBI E. A. Brown, Esq., M.B.E., J.P Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers H. J. C. Browne, Esq., O.B.E., John Swire & Sons Ltd. Chairman: Hong Kong Trade Advisory Group J. W. Buckley, Esq., Davy International Ltd. BOTB Member R. H. W. Bullock, Esq., C.B., Deputy Secretary, Department of Industry. BOTB Member G. V. K. Burton, Esq., C.B.E., Fisons Ltd Chairman: Overseas Committee CBI
ists and the British Overseas Trade Advisory Council has five trade union members. The Board constantly seeks to bring management and the shop floor into closer association in the pursuit of overseas trade, and in particular by inviting firms to include shop floor representatives in the teams firms send to the BOTB Export Dynamics Conferences, by acting as a co-sponsor of Export Year with the TUC and other bodies, and by offering an incentive to firms taking part in outward missions to include a shop floor representative.