HC Deb 26 March 1976 vol 908 cc305-6W
Sir W. Elliott

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will issue a circular to local authorities encouraging them to allow compensation for occupants of privately-owned housing for disturbance caused by programmes of revitalisaion.

Mr. Freeson

This is best left to the discretion of the authorities. I would not feel justified in seeking to persuade them to incur additional expenditure in this way in the present circumstances.