HC Deb 26 March 1976 vol 908 cc301-2W
Mr. Wm. Ross

asked the Minister for the Civil Service what are the travel arrangements in regard to costs of those civil servants who have been transferred from Great Britain to Northern Ireland if they wish to return to Great Britain during periods of leave

Mr. Charles R. Morris

After completion of 12 months' service in Northern Ireland an officer who has been permanently transferred to the Province on public interest terms, or sent there on first appointment, since 1st April 1962 may be reimbursed the cost of one return sea passage to Great Britain each year for himself, his family and his car. An officer transferred to the Province before 1st April 1962 may receive similar assistance if his Department is satisfied that he has maintained a substantial personal link with Great Britain since the date of transfer.