HC Deb 27 January 1976 vol 904 cc153-4W
Mr. Robin F. Cook

asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list in the Official Report those local authorities which have registered themselves under the Housing Act 1974 as housing associations for the purpose of providing lodging hostels.

Mr. William Ross

Local authorities are not required to register for this purpose. Under Section 107 of the Housing Act 1974, they are treated as if they were registered housing associations in regard to any applications which they may make for housing association grant for hostel projects. So far only Edinburgh City and Glasgow City District Councils have submitted such applications.