HC Deb 21 January 1976 vol 903 c461W
Mr. Douglas-Mann

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment in what circumstances he will give local authorities a block allocation of funds for the municipalisation of houses outside the categories for which general consent for acquisition has been given under Circular 64/75; and whether he will issue a circular outlining these circumstances.

Mr. Freeson

There is at present no provision for giving local authorities block allocations of funds for municipalisation. However, there is no objection to authorities grouping together in one application proposals for the acquisition of a number of similar properties outside the general consent categories. Paragraph 22 of the circular gives examples of cases which would receive sympathetic consideration by the Department.