HC Deb 11 February 1976 vol 905 cc232-3W
Mrs. Wise

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what is the correct procedure by which patients or their relatives can pursue complaints about the general practitioner service.

Dr. Owen

The procedure is laid down in the National Health Service (Service Committees and Tribunal) Regulations 1974 as amended. The regulations require written notice of any complaint to be given to the administrator of the appropriate family practitioner committee. The complaint must normally be

At 1st October Urban practices Rural practices* Mixed practices Overall (England)
1972 2,461 2,284 2,394 2,421
1973 2,437 2,273 2,295 2,398
1974 2,426 2,254 2,314 2,384
* Practices where all or most of the principals are eligible for rural practice payments.