§ Mr. Parry
asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science (1) what organisations have made representations to her concerning the proposed increase in tuition fees to students for the year 1977–78:
(2) if she will publish in the Official Report the names of organisations which have made representations to her concerning the proposed increase in tuition fees to students for the years 1977–78; and if she will make a statement.
§ Mr. Oakes
Following is a list of the national organisations that have made representations to my right hon. Friend. In addition a number of other bodies and interests, including academic institutions and student unions, have made representations on fees and related issues.
NATIONAL ORGANISATIONS FROM WHICH COMMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED
- Association of Adult Education
- Advisory Board for the Research Councils
- Association of County Councils
- Association of Metropolitan Authorities
- Association of University Teachers
- Committee of Directors of Polytechnics
- Council for Education in the Commonwealth
- Commonwealth Secretariat
- Committee of Vice-Chancellors and Principals
- University Grants Committee
- National Association of Teachers in Further and Higher Education
- National Union of Students
- National Union of Teachers
- United Kingdom Council for Overseas Student Affairs
- Welsh Joint Education Committee.
§ Mr. Oakes
I refer my hon. Friend to the statement made in the House on 25th 815W November—[Vol. 921, 187–191]—by my right hon. Friend. I will be replying to my hon. Friend's letter. In general it is our intention to keep a careful watch on the effect our recommendations have on student numbers and the provision of courses.