HC Deb 06 August 1976 vol 916 c1113W
Mr. Brotherton

asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science (1) how many students attending United Kingdom institutions of higher education whose courses terminated at the end of the academic year 1975–76 have sought permission to remain in the United Kingdom;

(2) what steps are being taken to ensure that overseas students attending courses at United Kingdom institutions of higher education for the academic year 1975–76 return to their countries of origin.

Dr. Summerskill

I have been asked to reply.

I would refer the hon. Member to the answers I gave to Questions from the hon. Member for Brentwood and Ongar (Mr. McCrindle) on 11th May.—[Vol. 911, cc. 95–96.]

Back to
Forward to