HC Deb 27 April 1976 vol 910 c77W
37. Mr. Pattie

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what plans he has to provide suitable accommodation for young offenders.

Dr. Owen

Local authorities are responsible for providing accommodation for the juveniles, including offenders, in their care and it is for them, acting through childrens regional planning committees, to plan the accommodation needed.