§ Mr. Rooker
asked the Secretary of State for Industry if he will publish his appointments to the National Enterprise Board, stating the salary of each member.
§ Mr. Radice
asked the Secretary of State for Industry if he is able to announce the membership of the National Enterprise Board.
§ Mr. Varley
Yes. I am glad to be able to say the following have agreed to serve:
- Lord Ryder of Eaton Hastings.
Deputy Chairman and Member
- Leslie Frederick Murphy, Deputy Chairman Schroders, Ltd.
- David Basnett, General Secretary, General & Municipal Workers Union.
- John Lawrence Dickinson, CBE., formerly Managing Director, SKF (UK) Ltd.
- William Barr McKinnon Duncan, CBE, Director, ICI Ltd.
- Michael Owen Edwardes, Chairman and Chief Executive, Chloride Group Ltd.
- John Gardiner, Managing Director, Laird Group, Ltd.
- John Lyons, General Secretary, Electrical Power Engineers Association.
- Charles Harry Urwin, Deputy General Secretary, Transport & General Workers Union.
Lord Ryder's appointment will be for five years and his salary will be £31,850 per annum. Mr. Murphy's appointment will also be for five years and his salary will be £26,000 per annum. All the part-time members have been appointed for three years, at a salary of £1,000 per annum.